If you are a frequent traveller from the UAE looking for visa-free countries for UAE residents, then this blog post is for you. There are over 100 countries in the world that UAE inhabitants can travel to without having to apply for a visa and go through the long process. They simply have to carry their passport and other identity documents to discover new locations and gain knowledge about their cultures and customs.
Here, we have listed many of the visa-free countries for Emirates ID holders and other considerations to be prepared for while visiting these countries.
Difference between Visa-Free Travel and Visa-On-Arrival Travel
The basic similarity between visa-free travel and visa-on-arrival travel is that individuals can enter the country without obtaining a visa in advance in both cases. However, there are some significant differences between them –
- In visa-free travel, the travellers can show their passport at immigration control and enter the country. It is not just convenient, but also saves time and money on visa application and visa fees.
- On the other hand, in visa-on-arrival travel, the travellers can obtain a visa upon arrival at the airport. This is, however, less convenient than visa-free travelling as the individual would be subject to a visa fee and might have to wait until the visa is issued. Nevertheless, it eliminates the hassle of applying for a visa in advance and waiting for its issuance.
Benefits of Travelling to Visa-Free Countries for UAE Residents
So, what can a UAE resident benefit from Visa-Free travelling?
- Saves time – The visa application process can be time-consuming. However, Visa-free travelling saves the individual from this hassle so that they can spend more time enjoying their trip.
- Saves money – Visa application involves a significant amount of fee. Through visa-free travelling, individuals can save this money and spend it on other elements of the trip.
- More flexibility – Visa-free travelling facilitates spontaneous trip plans. This simply means they can make the necessary arrangements such as booking a hotel or flight ticket at the last minute without having to wait for the visa.
- Visit several countries – Visa-free travelling enables individuals to explore more countries, sparing them from the hassle of applying for a visa for each country.
Visa-Free Countries for UAE Residents
The international relationships that the UAE has established with various countries allow its citizens to enjoy visa-free travel to these countries. Following is the list of Visa-Free Countries for UAE Residents –
- Germany – Germany is a visa-free country for not just UAE but also 61 other countries. The German authorities allow foreigners a stay of 90 days within 6 months. It is during this period that the travellers can visit the country as tourists or for business purposes, but not for any work.
- Maldives – Maldives is one of the most attractive destinations in the world with its pristine beaches and luxurious resorts. UAE residents can stay in Maldives for 3 months without any visa.
- Jordan – Jordan is also a visa-free country for UAE residents and a few other nations. Unlike Germany, it allows a short stay of only 30 days to travellers from the UAE who have a passport with at least 6 months plus a validity period of stay.
- Serbia – Serbia is yet another European country that UAE residents can visit without a visa. It allows visitors to stay for 90 days, enjoying the tourist sites of ancient times and the hospitality of its citizens.
- Georgia –UAE citizens can stay in Georgia for up to 90 days without a visa. It’s a European country known for its ancient history and magnificent landscapes. Basically, it’s a great alternative for those travellers who love exploring unique, historic places.
- Seychelles – It’s a visa-free travel destination for most countries in the world. However, the tourists must ensure to carry a valid passport, sufficient funds, a return ticket, and proof of accommodation before travelling to Seychelles. Post arrival, the authorities issue a permit with a validity of 3 months which the visitors can further extend up to twelve months.
- Armenia – The country of Armenia is renowned for its great cultural richness, ancient monasteries, and spectacular landscapes. If you are a UAE citizen, you can visit this beautiful country visa-free and continue your stay for up to 6 months.
- Mauritius – Mauritius, in Africa, is another one on the list of Visa-Free Countries for UAE Residents. Like most countries, Mauritius allows a visa-free stay for up to 90 days which the visitors can use to relax or venture to different beaches in the country.
- Bahrain – If you are a citizen of UAE looking for a visa-free country within the Middle East, then Bahrain is your destination. The country is located close to the UAE and you can travel without there without this document. However, the authorities may ask for your Emirates ID to prove your UAE residency.
- Qatar – Qatar is yet another travel destination located near the UAE that you can visit without a visa. Although it offers only 30 days of stay, the tourists can experience the great hospitality of the country, the incredible cultural sites, and the modern capital as well.
- Chile – This country in Latin America allows UAE residents to stay for business, transit, or tourism purposes for up to 90 days. They can enter Chile with a valid passport and other travel essentials, without the need to apply for a visa.
- Sri Lanka – Sri Lanka is a frequently visited travel spot in the world as it does not mandate the requirement for a visa for entry to travellers. They can freely visit this country and explore its beautiful beaches, breathtaking landscapes, historic ruins, and a variety of islands.
- Kuwait – Beyond the typical desert oasis experience, this city presents a unique blend of traditional Arabian culture and modernity. Travellers from the UAE can engage in the city’s enchanting landmarks and man-made marvels while also relishing its natural wonders.
Other Visa-Free Countries for UAE Residents –
- Hong Kong
- Saudi Arabia
- United Kingdom
- Costa Rica
- South Korea
The list just goes on. If you want the full list of visa-free countries and other information regarding travelling to these places, then reach out to UAE Expansion consultants. They offer one-stop solutions with a wide range of services, thereby simplifying your journey to places, be it for tourism or business.
Important Tips for Travelling to Visa-Free Countries for UAE Residents
- Check the visa requirements in advance for the country you are visiting.
- Keep all the necessary documents handy. For instance, a passport, return ticket, proof of accommodation, travel insurance, etc.
- Be well-armed with the answers regarding your travel plans that may be asked by the immigration authorities.
- Always respect the local culture and customs of the country you are visiting. For example, dress appropriately, follow the local laws, etc.
- Get travel insurance as it will protect you against unexpected events, such as loss of luggage, medical emergencies, flight cancellations, etc.
Explore the world with UAE Expansion
If you hold a UAE passport, then you can have the world at your fingertips with visa-free travelling. You can explore new cultures, witness amazing sights, and try new cuisines with this privilege. To seize this opportunity to the fullest, all you need to do is get in touch with UAE Expansion and share your plans.