Unsurprisingly, people often forget to do a Dubai visa status check amidst their busy schedules and then suffer the consequences. As petty a task as it may seem, it is crucial to keep track of the exact date.
Earlier, doing a visa status check used to be a tedious task. However, today, with the help of new-age technology and digital advancements, you can easily do it online. Wondering how? Think no more!
This blog will walk you through the process of checking your emirates ID status and UAE visa status online. But before we dive into that, let’s look at the recent updates and benefits of getting a UAE visa.
Why Should You Get a UAE Visa?
There are various reasons for getting a UAE visa, whether a tourist visa or a long-term visa. Either way, you get to enjoy some of the most prominent perks.
Here is a list of the reasons and benefits that attract most people across the globe to acquire a UAE visa.
- One of the perks that attract most people is that if you apply for a UAE visit visa, you can get a permanent residence visa without any hassle.
- You can open a corporate or personal bank account and operate it from overseas too.
- You are allowed to enter the city through e-gates at the airport.
- Another perk is that you get to apply for a driving license in UAE if you want to.
- You might also get free travel visas for a few destinations.
- You can easily get a local network operator’s subscription.
UAE Visa Updates
Recently, the UAE government announced some significant changes in the UAE visa system in the previous month. So if you decide to get one anytime soon, you must be aware of them. Here is a list of the recent updates:
- Visit visas now allow tourists to stay in the UAE for 60 days instead of 30.
- The five-year multi-entry tourist visa no longer needs a sponsor.
- A tourist’s stay can be extended but must not exceed 180 days a year under a multi-entry visa.
- The job exploration visa doesn’t require a sponsor. It will be issued to people with the skills needed by UAE’s Ministry of Human Resources & Emiratisation and to new graduates from the top 500 universities worldwide.
- The UAE government has reduced the minimum salary requirement for a golden visa from Dh50,000 to Dh30,000.
- According to the new rules, a Golden Visa cardholder can stay outside the nation indefinitely.
- Now, there is no cap on the number of domestic staff a Golden Visa holder can sponsor.
- With a golden visa, you can sponsor children without age limits.
- If you are an investor and buy a property for Dh2 million, even with a loan from “specific local banks,” you are eligible for a Golden Visa.
- Through a green visa, you can now sponsor yourself and family members, spouses, children, and first-degree relatives, for their residences.
- Parents can now support their sons until they are 25 instead of 18.
- Under the new visa system, “longer flexible grace periods that reach up to 6 months are to stay in the UAE after the residence permit is canceled or has expired.”
How Can You Check Your UAE Visa Status Online?
After applying for a UAE visa, many applicants wonder how to do a Dubai visa status check online since it is faster. You need to follow specific steps to check your visa status online. Moreover, there are two ways to do it, either through a passport or file number. The latter is a complicated option. However, we have discussed both processes.
UAE Visa Status Check Through Passport Number
- Visit the official ICA portal.
- Choose your visa type from the available options, including residents or employees in UAE and tourist or travel visas.
- Enter all relevant passport information, including passport number, expiry date, and nationality.
- Complete a captcha verification and click “Search.”
Perform the steps mentioned above correctly, and the screen will display your UAE visa application status.
UAE Visa Status Check Through GDRFA Website
If you’re currently living in Dubai, here’s how you can check your UAE visa status through the GDRFA website.
- Visit the official GDRFA website.
- Select “Residence Validity” as the service you seek for your UAE visa status inquiry.
- Enter your residence file number keeping in mind your year of issue. You can discover your residence file number on the visa page of your passport.
- Next, type out your first name, and select your gender.
- Fill in your correct date of birth in the dd-mm-yyyy format.
- Complete the captcha verification and click “Submit.”
Although both these ways of checking your visa status online may seem simple, sometimes it may not work due to technical or server issues. Therefore, it is best to get in touch with legal consultants or visa agents to do it for you.
Get Your UAE Visa Through UAE Expansion India
Now that you’ve read this blog, you probably have a fair idea of why a UAE visa is beneficial. Moreover, you also know how the new visa updates benefit you. So, now, if you plan to apply for one, you need to understand how to do a Dubai visa status check online.
We’re optimistic that this blog helped you learn the process and do it the easy way. However, if you still have any doubts, you can connect with the consultants at the UAE Expansion India branch.
The legal consultants at the UAE Expansion India branch have years of experience helping people get their visas and keeping track of their status. They are well-versed in the process and thoroughly walk you through all the steps.
Moreover, if the online portals don’t work, they can check it for you manually and inform you. This sorts many problems, and you don’t have to worry about the expiry dates. The UAE Expansion consultants will take care of it all. All you need to do is call them and ask for help.