Do you want to start a business but don’t know where to start? If yes, then probably starting small will help. A small business in Dubai can reap as many benefits as a full-fledged business.
However, one question may arise: How much does a small business license cost in Dubai? Well, that depends on what you want to do. The Dubai Government requires various licenses and permits for different types of businesses. The good news is that there are ways to get them at a much lower cost than most people think.
So if you want to find out what a small business license costs in Dubai, keep reading. This blog will walk you through everything you need to know. It covers the benefits of starting a small business, the top small businesses you can start, the process, documents, costs, and more.
Factors That Influence Business Licence Cost
A small business is a great way to earn money and be your boss. You’ll have control over how the company operates, and you can influence its future. There are many reasons why starting a small business may be right for you; some of them include the following:
1. Potential for Financial Gain
It’s common knowledge that the amount of money you can make working for someone else is limited by how much they’re willing to pay you. However, your earning potential is boundless when you own your own company.
2. Greater Autonomy
You have no choice but to accept whatever your boss decides when you work for them. You can do nothing if they choose to terminate your employment or shut down the company. However, when you’re the boss, you call the shots and may make adjustments necessary to keep your firm afloat.
One benefit of running your own company is that you may set your hours. The flexibility to work around your schedule is a terrific bonus if you have small children or other obligations that must be met. You’ll be free to work from home or on the go.
4. Control of How and What You Do
Being the boss is one of the finest parts of running your company. You’re the one in charge, and you get to decide everything. Of course, this has pros and cons, but it is generally reassuring to be the master of one’s fate.
5. Excellent Networking Opportunity
Connecting with like-minded business owners is a significant perk of running your own company. You may get valuable insight from their triumphs and failures, which might lead to new company prospects.
What Are Some Small Business Ideas to Consider?
All small company owners need is a fantastic small business concept to take advantage of the many opportunities available. To get off to a solid start, ensure you put in the work and have some innovative marketing strategies in place.
Here are some small business ideas you can consider –
- Social Media Management – Establishing a social media management company is suitable if your skill set includes marketing, graphic design, and video editing. These professionals advise and assist other companies in using social media, taking responsibility for content creation, promotion, and even customer service through social media.
- Food Trucks – Those passionate about cooking and culinary exploration often see themselves as restaurant owners. However, not everyone can afford such a significant investment unless they acquire finance at the first stage. Don’t let it dampen your spirits. Starting a food truck company might be an excellent option for those strapped for cash.
- Bookkeeping – Accounting for client companies’ financial transactions, payroll processing, and tax return filing is all part of the bookkeeping profession. And if you have these skills, then nothing like it. The size of prospective clients in this field is huge and so may be the profits.
Read More: Top 25 Successful Business Ideas in Dubai, UAE – 2024
What Is the Process of Starting a Small Business License in Dubai?
The process of starting a small business is pretty straightforward. Here is a brief overview of the same –
- Decide on business activity.
- Choose a business/company name.
- Choose your business’s legal structure.
- Decide on a business setup location.
- Search for an office if necessary and rent or lease it. Register it with the Ejari.
- Gather all documents, fill out the license application form, and submit it to the relevant authorities.
- Pay the required fees within the stipulated time frame.
- If everything goes well, the authorities will issue your license.
What Documents are Required to Start a Small Business License in Dubai?
Any entrepreneur or businessman must submit authentic documents to the respective departments to get a license.
However, these documents differ from business activity to business activity. But to give you an idea, here are some documents that you will have to submit –
- A copy of your passport
- Passport-size photographs
- A copy of your entry visa
To get a complete idea of the list of final documents, it’s best to get in touch with UAE Expansion India branch experts. They are well-versed in the nitty-gritty of all business activities and thus can help you with the list. Furthermore, they will ensure that all your documents are authentic to avoid delays or mishaps.
Small Business License Cost in Dubai
Obtaining the appropriate licenses to operate in the jurisdictions in which your firm will operate is essential. A small business license cost in Dubai depends upon several factors. Some of the factors are –
- Your chosen business activity – Different business activities require different licenses. Furthermore, the cost of all these licenses is not equal. Thus, your chosen business activity will impact the cost of your license.
- Preferred location of operation – Dubai allows you to set up businesses on the Mainland and in the free zones. The cost of licenses in these locations differs greatly depending on the opportunities and amenities they offer.
- Need for additional permits – Some business ideas require permits from local bodies. For instance, the food department or the health department. These permits add to the cost of small business licenses.
- Company or business’s legal structure – Another factor impacting the cost of a license is the number of stakeholders that your business will have. More partners necessitate more visas, adding to the total cost.
- License fee and more.
Giving an exact breakdown or total cost of a small business license in Dubai may not be possible. However, to give you an estimate, a small business license cost in Dubai can be approximately AED 5,000 to AED 28,500.
Obtain Your Small Business License With UAE Expansion
Several factors affect the cost of a small business license in Dubai. However, if you work with the business professionals at the UAE Expansion India office, you won’t need to be concerned about them. We handle everything about the establishment of businesses in the UAE.
Additionally, we provide professional advice to ensure you don’t pay any additional fees for starting your firm. We will help you obtain the cheapest business license in the UAE. All you need to do is give us a call!