The UAE has given numerous reasons for Indian entrepreneurs to apply for a residence visa in Dubai. Dubai has everything from a multicultural environment to lucrative business opportunities and good quality of life.
Therefore, if you too want to get a Dubai residence visa, continue reading. This blog will walk you through all the types, legal requirements, and processes of obtaining a residence visa in Dubai 2023.
Benefits of Getting a Residency Visa in Dubai
A residency visa in Dubai offers you many benefits. Some of the most prominent ones are as follows:
- You can easily open a personal or corporate bank account.
- You can easily get a personal or car bank loan
- Enjoy visa-free access to various countries.
- Your children have permission to attend government or private schools.
- Apply for a driver’s license.
- Enjoy easy access to government health services.
Who is eligible for a UAE Residence Visa?
A residence visa requires applicants of 18 and above to undergo a medical test. Also, they must pass a security check and apply for an Emirates ID card from the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship.
Additionally, foreign nationals may be eligible for a residence visa only if they belong to the following categories:
- Foreign nationals employed by a UAE company.
- Foreign nationals employed by the government sector.
- Expatriate investors in a business in the UAE.
- Expats purchasing a property in the UAE.
- Foreign nationals who are dependents. (Dependents include children, parents, domestic workers, and close relatives)
- Foreign university students.
- Retired residents
Note: A residence visa may only be issued to a foreign national once they’ve been allowed to enter the UAE via an entry permit, short or long-term tourist or visit visa.
Types of UAE Residence Visas
As per the new Entry and Residence Scheme, the following are the types of visas available:
- Investment Visa – An investment Visa is ideal for foreign investors and entrepreneurs who want to set up a new business in Dubai or invest in an existing business.
- Family Visa – Also known as a Dependent visa, UAE Family Visa allows foreign nationals to sponsor their family members to live with them in the UAE.
- Work Visa – The Employment Visa or Work Visa is usually sponsored by a hiring company that allows its foreign employees to live and work in the UAE.
- Student Visa – Aspiring students who are 18 or above can obtain a student visa sponsored by an accredited institution where they have enrolled for their studies.
- Golden Visa – The Golden Visa in UAE is a kind of residence visa that allows skilled individuals from around the world to reside, work or study in UAE with exceptional perks and benefits.
- Business Visa – A Business Visa is legal permission by the UAE authorities to enter the country for business or job purposes and stay for a certain period of time.
What are the requirements for a UAE Residence Visa?
For getting your residence visa in Dubai 2023, you must keep the following documents handy:
- The UAE Visa Application Form obtained online or through the relevant typing center
- Original passport Copy
- Two passport-size pictures, in line with UAE visa photo requirements
- Entry visa or stamp page
- Proof of your sponsor’s legal residency / UAE citizenship
- Proof you have passed a medical fitness test*
- Proof of UAE health insurance plan
- For family visas, include proof of family ties, such as birth/marriage certificates
- For a work visa, your sponsor must include the work contract and copies of the company’s valid trade license and valid firm card
There are a few additional documents that you must have to apply for a residence visa. These may vary as per the type of your visa. Experts at the UAE Expansion India branch can inform you and help you gather those. They will also ensure that your documents are valid and authentic to avoid mishappenings.
What Is the Process for Getting a Residency Visa in Dubai in 2023?
The process of getting a residence visa is relatively straightforward. However, it’s always better to have a clear understanding to avoid delays or mishaps. The following is a general overview of the general process for getting a residence visa:
- Collect all the necessary documents.
- Ensure you have all the necessary documents and attach them to your visa application.
- Get in touch with a government-authorized typing centre for document verification and medical fitness test.
- After inspecting your documents, the officials will draw up a form.
- The immigration officials will approve your application if everything seems in order. Furthermore, they will notify you through email.
- After you pay the required UAE residence visa fees in 2023, you can collect your visa from the immigration office.
UAE Residence Visa fees
Generally speaking of the Dubai residence visa cost, the 1 to 2-year residence visa Dubai cost 2023 can be anywhere near AED 100. However, the fees change depending on the visa type and duration. A 3-year Dubai residence visa cost of 2023 for applicants in Dubai without insurance will be approximately AED 3500.
As for the Golden Visa, it may cost you around AED 650 and AED 1,150 for the five and ten-year visas, respectively. Moreover, there are many different factors that combine to create the total UAE residence visa renewal fees for 2023. You can get in touch with the experts at the UAE Expansion India branch to give you an exact break up of the UAE residence visa cost.
What Are the Latest Updates About the Dubai Residency Visa?
- Earlier residency visa stickers were stamped on expatriates’ passports. However, according to the new circular issued by the Federal Authority for Identity, Citizenship, Customs and Port Security (ICA), the Emirates ID has replaced the passport residency visa stickers. Effective 11 April 2022, for UAE residents, the Emirates ID is officially recognised as their residency documents, having replaced the visa stickers stamped on their passports.
- In April 2022, the Emirati Cabinet announced the new Entry and Residence Scheme. The scheme offers 10 types of entry and residence visas with simplified requirements and more benefits. Furthermore, new visas require no host or sponsor and provide more flexibility, multi-entry, 60 days validity, and one unified platform to apply at. These new rules aim to retain and attract global talent, increase the competitiveness and flexibility of the job market, and foster a sense of stability among residents of the nation.
Get Your Dubai Residency Visa With UAE Expansion
If you want to get a residence visa in Dubai, the UAE Expansion India branch can make the process seamless. Our expert will walk you through each and every detail about all the UAE residence, and UAE family visa rules for 2023. This ensures you are well informed and choose the right residence visa.
Our experts are well-versed in all the formalities and requirements. So, you won’t have to sweat over anything. We will take care of everything from gathering the necessary documents to submitting them. Furthermore, we ensure to get your visa at a very affordable residence visa UAE cost and do not overspend. All you need to do is call us, and we will take care of the rest.