A professional license in Dubai is one of the most sought-after licenses in Dubai, UAE, given its many benefits. It covers a wide range of business activities and offers excellent scope for business growth.
You will be surprised to know that 57% of Dubai’s total licenses issued in Quarter 1 of 2022 were professional licenses. The remaining 43% accounted for commercial licenses. Compared to Quarter 1 of 2021, Quarter 1 of 2022 recorded a 58% increase in the issuance of business licenses.
These numbers are definitely attractive. However, you shouldn’t just base your decision to obtain a professional license in the UAE on the increasing license application numbers. If you want to make a well-informed decision, keep reading!
This blog will walk you through everything you need to know about obtaining a professional license. It covers the top reasons for obtaining a professional license, how to get it, popular businesses you can operate, and more!
So, without further ado, let’s begin!
What is a DED professional license?
A professional license is issued by the Department of Economic Development (DED). It is a legal document that permits the practice of any profession that offers services based on intellectual or creative qualities by an individual or a business with a single owner. Consequently, you will need this license to run a firm, company, or business in Dubai.
Who needs a DED professional license in Dubai?
Several reasons make Dubai an ideal location for starting a business. Here are a few top reasons to obtain a professional license –
- A professional license in Dubai, unlike industrial and commercial licenses, allows you to enjoy 100% ownership.
- Nobody else will enjoy a share in your company, not even the local agent.
- You won’t have to pay further taxes on your capital gains (personal or corporate).
- The application and the renewal process are simple and easy to complete, making it easier to obtain it.
- Dubai has a high standard of living, and thus businesses like spas and beauty salons will flourish here.
- You can hire your team from the exceptionally talented employee pool here. They will help you scale your business and make enormous profits.
- You can ensure your business’s safety and security since the Dubai government has strict rules for operating and regulating businesses.
Business activities under a Professional license
A professional license allows you to choose from a plethora of business activities. These include –
- Painting, Sculpting, and other related artisanship skills.
- Business process development, document clearing, and related business services.
- Consultancy services
- Computer graphics and design services
- Digital Marketing
- Engineering design
- Printing and Publishing
- Spa and salons
- Auditing and accounting services
- Information Technology services
- Repairing and more.
How to get a professional license in Dubai?
Now that you know what a professional license is, why you should obtain it, and some businesses you can set up, let’s discover the application process.
1. Start by choosing a business activity. Dubai allows 2000+ activities to choose from. See which of these activities require a professional license. Then select one of them based on your skill level, expertise, and liking. Once you choose, don’t forget to conduct market research to see what is the future scope of this activity.
2. Once you decide on your activity, choose a business name. It will be wise if your business or company name hints at the services or the activity you practice. Be sure to check the list of naming rule compliances. Remember, the government here is particular about company names, and thus your chosen name must comply with all the applicable regulations.
3. The next step is to choose a legal framework. The legal framework will determine how your business or company operates, the role you play, and the powers you have. Compare different legal structures and choose wisely.
4. After deciding your legal framework, look out for an operating space. Your chosen activity will determine the area you will need. You may choose to rent or lease one. Once decided, register it with Ejari by entering into a tenancy contract.
5. Subsequently, obtain additional approvals. Business setups like spas and salons often need you to get extra permits. Furthermore, business ideas like these require you to submit a detailed floor plan since the government has laid down specific guidelines for spaces for such businesses.
6. Finally, gather all the documents and apply for a professional license from the relevant authority. Ensure all the documents are authentic and meet the requirements. Furthermore, pay the necessary fees within the given period to avoid delays.
7. If everything looks good, the authorities will issue your license. After issuance, you can start setting up your business, hire staff, open a corporate bank account to manage transactions, and apply for visas.
What Documents Do You Require to Obtain a Professional License in Dubai?
Different business activities call for different documentation. Furthermore, the final list of documents you must submit depends on your chosen legal structure, location, and more. However, to give you an idea, here are some general documents you must submit –
- A copy of your passport
- Passport-size photographs
- A copy of your entry visa
To get a detailed list of documents, you may contact the experts at the UAE Expansion India branch. They are well-versed with the requirements and will verify your documents for authenticity to avoid delays or mishaps in the application process.
Cost of a professional license in Dubai, UAE
Dubai professional license costs around AED 15,310 includes the following Professional license fees, license fees, trade name registration, additional approvals, location, and more. Consequently, giving an exact estimate may not be possible.
You can contact our experts at the UAE Expansion India branch to get information on the exact cost of a professional license. They will tell you the precise breakdown of the fees and ensure you do not overpay during the process.
Get a Professional License and Set Up a Business With UAE Expansion
We’re sure that after reading this article, you have enough knowledge to apply for a professional license in UAE. However, it’s wise to get expert assistance to avoid mishaps.
The UAE Expansion business formation specialists have years of expertise. They can help you at every stage, from developing your company strategy to compiling the required paperwork. Additionally, they will obtain all necessary approvals on your behalf and get your company license in a significantly shorter amount of time. All you have to do is call us to acquire the most affordable professional license.