By now, almost everyone is aware that the UAE government has introduced new UAE family visa rules in 2023 to attract more bright people to the country. But, many people still don’t know what exactly these new rules are. So, if you’re one of those people too, you must read ahead.
This blog will walk you through everything there is to know about the UAE family visa – the new rule, the required documents, and the process to get one. Moreover, you will also learn the costs involved.
So, let’s start with the new updates first.
What Are the New Rules for the UAE Family Visa?
Recently in 2023, along with the new entry visas, the UAE government also introduced a few new family visa rules. One of the most prominent ones is that foreign expats are now allowed to sponsor male children up to the age of 25 instead of 18. Also, there is no age limit for unmarried daughters.
The other UAE family visa rules for 2023 are as follows:
- The grace period after the expiration of a family visa has been extended from 30 days to 6 months. So, now the expats have 6 months to either change their visa status, get a new residence visa or leave the country. The best part is that fines don’t apply during this period.
- If you become a UAE resident, you can bring your direct (first-degree) family members for five years without any hassle.
- The residency of the first-degree family members shall remain the same as the original green visa holder.
- The educational background will not be a condition to get a UAE family visa.
- Any male resident who is employed in the UAE, with a minimum salary of AED 3000 to AED 4000, is allowed to sponsor his immediate family members.
- A female can only sponsor her family if her monthly salary exceeds 10,000 AED.
- You can also sponsor your stepchildren. However, you need to get a written NOC from the biological parent.
What Are the Benefits of Getting a UAE Family Visa?
You must know that there are several benefits of a Dubai family visa for family members. A few prominent ones are as follows:
- Family members can easily open bank accounts in the UAE.
- Your family members are allowed to apply for a driver’s license.
- They can get a local mobile phone subscription.
- Family members can also enjoy travel visas to specific destinations.
- You can easily enroll your children in public and private UAE schools.
What Are the Required Documents for Getting a UAE Family Visa?
Now that you know the UAE family visa rules 2023, here is a list of some of the primary documents you will need to submit:
- Passport copies
- Passport-size photographs
- Stamp Page (You can apply for and get an entry visa before you finally apply for a family visa.)
There are a few more important documents that you must submit along with these. You can contact the legal experts at the UAE Expansion India branch to get a detailed list.
What Is the Process to Get a UAE Family Visa?
Before we get into the process, note that you must submit the UAE family visa application within 60 of receiving your residence visa. Here is an overview of the UAE family visa application process:
- The first step is to apply for an entry permit. You can do so by visiting the official website of GDRFA. However, if you decide to apply for one in person, you must do it under the supervision of GDRFA-approved typing centers.
- Next, you need to schedule an interview with the Dubai visa application center.
- You’ll be asked a couple of questions related to your family and employment.
- Once the officials are satisfied with your answers and documents, they will approve your application.
- As soon as they approve your visa, ensure that you pay the required fee and schedule a visit for a biometric. Furthermore, once the process is complete, you will receive the visa.
Note that it can take approximately 15 to 17 days to complete the visa processing time. To learn about the detailed application process, you must get in touch with experts at UAE Expansion India Branch. They will walk you through every step and guide you throughout the application process.
What Is the Validity of the UAE Family Visa?
The family visa duration depends on the sponsor type and the person you sponsor. However, note that it is issued for a minimum of one year and a maximum of three years. Moreover, as mentioned earlier, if the visa expires, the expats now get up to 6 months to either renew it, get a new one or leave the country.
Also, as per the UAE immigration’s fines system, you would have to pay the penalty to stay on after the expiration of the grace period. The acceptable amount to be paid is as follows:
- 180 days (first six months): AED 25 (USD 6.81) per day
- 180 days (second six months) AED 50 (USD 13.61) per day
- After a year: AED 100 (USD 27.23) per day
What Are the Dubai Family Visa Fees 2023?
It can be challenging to break down the entire cost of a Dubai family visa. However, we can give you a rough idea of the approximate cost. A Dubai family visa cost in 2023 can be anywhere from AED 3500 to AED 2200. Of course, there are additional costs involved. An official typing center or legal experts at the UAE Expansion India branch can provide you with complete information.
Get Your UAE Family Visa Through UAE Expansion
After reading this blog, you probably know how beneficial and easy it is to sponsor your immediate family members now. All you need to do is get a residency visa for yourself and follow the guidelines, as mentioned earlier. Moreover, you don’t have to spend too much either. But that is only possible if you consult with the right people.
The experts at the UAE Expansion India Branch can help you get a UAE family visa without any hassle. That, too, complies with the new UAE family visa rules in 2023. Their experts will guide you at every step of your visa application process. Moreover, they will provide you with full assistance to make the process seamless for you. They will take care of everything from documents to approvals and the final application. All you need to do is call them, and they will take care of the rest.