Established in 1985, Jebel Ali Free Zone is one of the world’s largest and oldest free zone that specializes in trade, industry, and logistics. The city hosts some of the largest corporations generating unlimited possibilities for industrial development not only in the region but the whole country. And therefore, company formation in Jebel Ali Free Zone can be one of the most lucrative business decision one can take.
Jebel Ali Free Zone Authority(JAFZA) is the regulatory body that supervises and controls the businesses registered in the Jebel Ali Zone. With unlimited business connections and prospects, JAFZA aims to drive development and create one of the best places for Free zone business setup and Jebel Ali offshore company formation.
Reasons to consider company formation in Jebel Ali Free Zone
1. Strategic location
Jebel Ali Free Zone sits strategically nearby the Al Maktoum International Airport and Dubai International Airport. Hence, trading on this site is a privilege when it comes to customs and air cargo operations. Moreover, the area is well-connected to Sheikh Zayed Road and Mohammed Bin Zayed Road, the major highways of Dubai, which make the transportation of goods through buses and cars easy for companies.
2. Business powerhouse
Bustling with thousands of businesses from over 130 countries in the world, JAFZA is a goldmine for entrepreneurs and investors. With well-integrated business setup solutions and an unrivaled ecosystem, Jebel Ali Free Zone makes up an ideal hub for global trade.
3. Logistic Corridor
JAFZA boasts the best global ocean linkages and multi-modal transport infrastructure. For businesses that need a robust logistics system, Jebel Ali Zone is a treat. It offers more than 150 shipping lines, an extensive 6-lane highway in the vicinity, and one of the largest cargo airports across the globe to make cargo travel swift and safe within Dubai.
4. Abundant corporate facilities
JAFZA considers every specific need of manufacturing and trading companies. The region facilitates businesses with world-class facilities such as plots of land, warehouses, offices, Workstations, etc. in order to fit all the needs of a range of activities.
5. Varied trade licenses
JAFZA welcomes all kinds of business activities in the free zone. It allows five different types of trade licenses to companies based on their business operations. Each license comes with a 1-year validity that can be renewed accordingly.
6. Unified community and ecosystem
JAFZA accommodates a vibrant and dynamic business community with millions of people working in different companies registered under the free zone. People in Jebel Ali Free Zone get to enjoy numerous routine services and facilities supporting their respective occupations. These services may include DEWA, Etisalat, Full-Service Food Courts, travel agencies, stationery stores, supermarkets, driving training centers, money exchange services, and many more.
7. Free zone benefits
The Jebel Ali Freezone is furnished with a business-perfect environment that delivers benefits more than any other free zone in the UAE. The place is decked up with all the conveniences required to support a small budding business to transform into a big successful entity.
- No minimum capital investment required
- Availability of an approved registered agent within the free zone
- No limitations on the maximum number of stakeholders
- Compulsory appointment of two directors, one manager, and a secretary
- Free from significant taxes
Advantages of Jebel Ali Free zone business setup
- Ownership of business
- The easy, fast, and straightforward setup process
- Access to multiple visas without the need for a physical office space
- Repatriation of capital and profits
- Advanced infrastructure facilities
- Easy to trade
- No restriction on the recruitment of foreign talents
- On-site customs
- Access to excellent support systems and communications
- Ready to occupy corporate facilities (warehouses, factories, etc.)
Types of Jebel Ali Free Zone trade license
There are several categories of Jebel Ali Free Zone trade licenses available for companies operating in the region.
- Trading license – The trading license allows companies to engage in the import, export, distribution, and storage of items specified on the permit.
- Service license – Individuals and firms that wish to carry out services like legal advisory, accountancy, consultancy, etc. within the free zone can apply for a service license.
- Industrial license – This license allows entities to engage in manufacturing activities, including importing raw materials, manufacturing products, and exporting finished goods.
- General trading license – Businesses involved in the import, export, distribution, and storing of items as per JAFZA regulations must hold a General trading license in the Jebel Ali Zone.
- National industrial license – This particular permit requires manufacturing companies to have a minimum of 51% shareholding or ownership of the AGCC (Arabian Gulf Co-operation Council).
- E-commerce license – Ever since e-business started flourishing worldwide, JAFZA introduced the e-commerce license for those individuals who wish to launch and set up their respective businesses on online platforms.
Unable to find a suitable license for your business? Get in touch with UAE Expansion and get the perfect solution for all your business concerns.
Documentation requirement for company formation in Jebel Ali
- Company registration application form
- Letter for environmental health and safety
- A detailed report of activities
- Summary of the Project/business plan
- No Objection Certificate for resident shareholders
- Passport copies and specimen signatures of the shareholders and the newly appointed executives (managers, directors, and secretaries)
- MOA and AOA
- Bank reference letter
- Board Resolution
The agents of UAE Expansion will help you arrange these documents and submit them dutifully to the concerned authorities.
Steps to company formation in JAFZA
Investors planning for company formation in Jebel Ali Free Zone need to abide by the specific law regulations about licensing, registration, employment, and resolution of disputes. Company formation experts in UAE can lead you through these laws and regulations, and help you obtain your Jebel Ali Free Zone trade license more effectively and smoothly.
The steps to set up a JAFZA company are as follows –
- Confirm your business activities
- Finalize a corporate structure
- Select a company name
- Prepare the requisite documents
- Pay the requisite fee and obtain the license
Cost of Jebel Ali Free zone company setup
The comprehensive breakdown of the Jebel Ali Free Zone company setup cost involves the registration fees, license fees, the rent of the facility, documentation charges, visa expenses, and many other miscellaneous costs.
UAE Expansion consultants can provide you the precise figure of the cost incurred in business setup in Dubai Free zones, including the Jebel Ali Free Zone.
Business facilities available in Jebel Ali Free Zone
Investors can avail a variety of business facilities in the Jebel Ali Freezone depending on their needs. For example,
- Onsite residences for employees
- Commercial complexes like Jafza One, which comprises offices for rent
- Flexible and efficient build-to-suit facilities, such as Flexi desks
- Plots of Lands
- Warehouses and Showrooms
- Work Stations & Offices
- Retail Outlets
- Business parks
List of activities permitted in JAFZA
JAFZA company formation allows you to choose from an endless amount of business activities. Some of the most common and popular options are as below:
- Project management
- Waste management
- Freight forwarding and sea cargo services
- Ship chartering
- Training and consultancy
Work with UAE Expansion for a successful company formation
UAE Expansion is a one-stop shop for all your business prerequisites. Their qualified and experienced business consultants offer the whole nine yards of assistance to all types of businesses, confirming what’s best and right for them. From obtaining external approvals to applying for relevant visas, UAE Expansion handles them all.